Tuesday, June 21, 2005

GitoGito Hustler



A few months ago I made a trip down to the Creepy Crawl to see this great new ska band I discovered named Streetlight Manifesto. As I walk in, the door man says "Streetlight is not playing tonight." Fuck. I ask who is playing, but it's loud and I can't quite hear him. Still disappointed, I decide to stick around. Then after a while, I see these four, very short Japanese girls get up on stage. Each one picked up their respective instruments and the lead singer yells into the microphone "Are wu weady to wock and woll?!" The band breaks into the crazy-loud punk song all sung in Japanese. It was so loud that I don't think I would have been able to understand the words even if they were in English. They later introduce themselves in their broken english as GitoGito Hustler. I really couldn't believe that this hardcore music was coming out of these tiny women. Eventually their set ended and The Spunks came out and brought the house down. Long live GitoGito Hustler!

No comments: